Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting A Student ID

Today my mother and I went to get a student ID at the nearby college which I am now enrolled in. To get the ID we required two things, my Student ID number, which I had, and a photo ID, which I was lacking.

You see, I don't drive, so I don't have a Driver's License yet, and obviously since I'm Homeschooled, I don't really use a student ID. So, first, my mom had to make me a Homeschool ID. And so she did. We took a picture of me, and made an ID. We went to get it laminated, and then went to the campus.

Once we got to the campus, we looked up where exactly we needed to go, and we... Well, went there. Once we got there we gave the woman working there my ID number and my ID, and she told me to go stand on an X. I did so, got my picture taken, and just seconds later I had a real student ID.

It's really cool having my ID now, it makes it feel much more real. Before, though I was enrolled, it didn't feel all that real, but now that I've actually got a student ID just sitting in my wallet, I really feel like a college student.

After getting my ID, we looked around the campus for a while. It's a very nice campus, with a large library, and it seemed pretty easy to get around in. I'm very excited to start my class at the end of this month!

We also had to get a parking pass, since in order to park at the college, you need one. So we got that too, while we were there. Unfortunately, the one we got only covers this summer, so once it's fall, I'll need to go get another one. I'm probably going to take driver's ed over the summer, so instead of them needing my mother's license, they'll be using mine next summer!

It's getting pretty close, my first college class. I'm excited!