Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Day of College

My sons first day of College is some ways was much like what most mom's experience on the day they send their oldest child off to Kindergarten!  It was a BIG day at our house! My husband went in late to work so he could drive my son to his first class.  We had already been out to the College the day before to find his classroom.  His backpack filled with paper, pens, pencils, granola bars and 2 of the most expensive books I have ever purchased was by the door.  He was ready to go!  But, here is where the similarities to Kindergarten end.  As I stood and watch the car disappear down the street, I was thinking about how grateful I am that I have had him home for the last 16 year.  That I never had to watch him disappear on a bus when he was 5 years old.  At that moment I believed my son was ready!  He was truly going off into the real world, on his own.  And I was excited for him!

Of course I did have to take a picture of him on his first "real" day of school!



The 2 hours actually passed really fast!  I was very excited that I got to go pick him up!  So excited in fact that I had to snap this picture! LOL



Okay, I know I probably shouldn't have taken a pic through the door!  But, he knows me, and if he really didn't want his picture taken he shouldn't have sat in such a perfect spot!  (Right? LOL)

I will never forget the BIG smile on his face when he saw me!  He had a great first day and he told me all about it as we went out to lunch and drove home.  He even let me take one more picture outside the College. 


Is it just me, or does he look a little older in this picture?

Happy Homeschooling,

Mom