Of course my brain was hurting by the end of the night! The info was SO valuable! This post is my attempt to try to make some sense on my notes and share a little of what I learned. :^)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Dantes Testing
- PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
- AP Tests (You don't have to take AP Classes to take AP tests.)
- Dual Enrollment
- Honors College - If students have an ACT score of 25 or above and a high school GPA of 3.5, they are eligible to enroll in The Honors College. Honors College students benefit from early enrollment, personal advising with the dean, and one-on-one research with professors.
- College Fairs - Check with your local High Schools and Community Colleges for schedules.
- Free College SAT Prep Classes - Check with your local Universities for schedules.
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
- The National Science & Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (National SMART Grant)
- Scholarships - http://www.fastweb.com/ Look for scholarships online
- Financial Aids/ Student Loans - (See Debt Free U link below.)
Debt- Free U, How I Paid For An Outstanding College Education Without Loans, Scholarships or Mooching Off My Parents
By: Zac Bissonnette
Accelerated Distant Learning The New Way to Earn Your College Degree in the 21st Century
By: Brad Voeller
Fish Out of Water - Preparing Christian students for the secular campus.
By: Abby Nye
Other Websites to Checkout
College Plus - Website (business) coaches you through clepping to a degree for approx. $3000.00
clepprep.tripod.com Site for learning how to accumulate college credits the EASY way, using their FREE lesson plans.
KOHL's Cares for Kid's Scholarship for Young Volunteer's
presidentialserviceawards.gov - Keep a record of service in a private online journal of your volunteer time and experiences. You can keep a record of your activities serving your neighbor, your community, your country and the world. Then you can submit those to earn volunteer service awards.
ratemyprofessor.com - Find a Professor, Find a School, Find a Textbook
Wikipedia page for College Boards - A clear definition of the tests for getting into College and getting scholarships.
Whew! Now that I have links to all the info I just need to wade through it and figure out what is what! This should keep me bust for awhile!